On episode #54, "The Roundabout" by Walker mingles with tracks from Dust On The Nettles, along with other folky favorites from the time period by Ramases and Mike Cooper. You will also hear brand new tracks from old favorites Night Beats and Klaus Johann Grobe, a sizzling jam from Columbus' Counter Intuits (featuring Ron House from Thomas Jefferson Slave Apartments!), and more from The Lavender Flu double LP. Whether you love the rays of the August sun, or dream of a dank, air-conditioned pit, or you like long, languid jams, or dig snappy singalongs, there's something for you here. As always, thanks for listening!
Random Old Records Podcast #54
1. Mike Cooper - "That's How"
(Trout Steel, Dawn 1970)
2. Ryley Walker - "The Roundabout"
(Golden Sings That Have Been Sung, Dead Oceans 2016)
3. Cian Nugent - "Shadows"
(Night Fiction, Woodsist 2016)
4. Ramases - "Hello Mister"
(Space Hymns, Vertigo 1971)
--The alternative society!
5. Counter Intuits - "Rubber Gloves"
(Monosyllabilly, Pyramid Scheme 2016)
6. The Lavender Flu - "I Was The Sun/My Time"
(Heavy Air, MEDS 2016)
7. Night Beats - "Sunday Mourning"
(Who Sold My Generation, Heavenly 2016)
8. Klaus Johann Grobe - "Pure Fantasie"
(Spagat Der Liebe, Trouble In Mind 2016)
--More alternative society!
9. Richard & Linda Thompson - "I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight"
(I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight, Island 1974)
10. The Owl Service - "The Skater"
(His Pride. No Spear. No Friend., Horn 2016)
11. Pentangle - "Springtime Promises"
(Basket Of Light, Reprise 1969)
12. Heron - "Upon Reflection"
(Heron, Dawn 1970)
13. The Occasional Word - "The Evil Venus Tree"
(The Year Of The Great Leap Sideways, Dandelion 1969)
14. Swanox - "The Whistler"
(Duskrunner, Not Not Fun 2014)